GST Login Portal www.gst.gov.in – Registration, Documents, Login Process: The companies that supply goods and services need to get registered under the Goods and Services Tax(GST). GST is compulsory for businesses that have a turnover of more than 20 lakh annually. The GST is applicable to all the businesses in Indian states other than the northeastern states. You need to register with the GSTN (Goods and Service Tax Network) on the GST Login portal. The GST Login portal www.gst.gov.in is a government portal exclusively for GST related services. We have made a complete guide for you about how to register, documents required, and the GST filing process. Kindly read the complete article to know every detail about the Goods and Services Tax.
GST Login Portal
GST Login portal is the official government portal developed for the purpose of filing GST returns and other GST related services. The GST registration is necessary for all the businesses supplying goods or services and have an annual turnover of at least 20 lakhs. You have to go to the GST official Login portal to register and file your GST returns. The official website for the Goods and Services Tax is www.gst.gov.in.
The GST registration, filing of GST returns, application for refunds if a taxpayer applies for the cancellation of their GST registration can be done on www.gst.gov.in. The portal is itself a one-stop solution for all your GST services and you no longer need to go to any office to get it done. Everything from the approval, rejection, and responding to applications is done on the GST Login portal only. It also involves intimating the taxpayers about the notices and dates to pay the tax issued by the department.
Overview of GST Login Portal
|Name of the Portal||GST Login Portal|
|Purpose||Filing GST returns|
|Used by||Businesses with more than 20 lakh annual revenue|
|Launch Date||1 July 2017|
Services Offered by the GST Portal – www.gst.gov.in
The GST Portal is a one-stop solution to the taxpayers. The official website of the portal is www.gst.gov.in. The top services offered by the GST Login portal are as follows:
- Application for Registration for Normal Taxpayer, ISD, Casual Dealer
- Application for GST Practitioner
- Opting for Composition Scheme (GST CMP-02)
- Stock intimation for Composition Dealers (GST CMP-03)
- Opting out of Composition Scheme (GST CMP-04)
- Filing GST Returns
- Payment of GST
- Filing Table 6A of GSTR-1 (Export Refund)
- Claim Refund of excess GST paid (RFD-01)
- Transition Forms (TRAN-1, TRAN-2, TRAN-3)
- Viewing E-Ledgers
- Furnish Letter of Undertaking(LUT) (RFD-11)
Documents required for GST Registration
When you register for GST on the portal, you will be asked to upload these documents:
- PAN Card of the applicant
- Partnership deed or incorporation certificate
- PAN card, Voter ID’s or Aadhar Card or the partners or promoters.
- Address proof of the business. Submit electricity bill, rent or lease agreement, or any other valid document.
- The bank account statement of the company, firm, or individual is also required.
How to register on GST Login Portal @ www.gst.gov.in
If you are looking to register your business for GST, you need to follow the simple steps given below.
- Go to the official website of GST Login on – www.gst.gov.in.
- Next, click on ‘Services’ under the Registration tab.
- Click on ‘New Registration’.
Part – I
- Click on ‘I am a’ and select ‘Taxpayer’ from the drop-down menu.
- Next, fill GST REG-01 form by entering details like the legal name of your business, state, email address, mobile number, and PAN card.
- You will receive a one-time password on the number you entered.
- Enter the OTP and also fill your email ID in the displayed field.
- Click on the ‘Proceed’ button now.
- After successful registration, you will receive a Temporary Reference Number (TRN). Note down TRN as it will be used in Part -II of GST Registration process.
- Enter your TRN number and Captcha code. Click on the login button.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Now, you will be redirected to the GST Registration page.
- Fill the GST Registration form with details like the name of your company, PAN, name of the state your business runs, date of commencement of your business.
- Next, submit the details of promoters or partners (up to 10). You need to submit the details of the proprietor if it is a proprietorship firm. Also, submit your personal details, designation, DIN (Director Identification number), PAN card, and Aadhar number.
- Now, submit the details of the person who will be authorized to file your company’s GST returns.
- Enter the complete address of your business, contact details, and also the nature of possession of premises.
- Next, fill the additional information like details of the goods and services to be supplied.
- Simply upload the required set of documents discussed above.
- Click on the ‘Save and Continue’ button now.
- You need to sign the application digitally now.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Your GST registration form will be submitted now.
- An Application Reference Number (ARN) will be sent to you via email or SMS to confirm your registration.
Thanks for visiting our website. If you have any doubts or queries related to GST Login and Registration process, leave a comment below.